Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Networking Around Class Project

For anyone who didn't hear about my Civ Class's presentation last Tuesday we posted a video online at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/digiciv1. This post is in reference to that function, how I invited stake-holders in our subject matter, and what my involvement was during the event.

Prior to the event itself, I worked with Fred Mcinnis, the Marching Band Director at BYU, seeing if he were interested in a book about our Digital Society. The chapter I was working on was titled Technology and the Arts. He voiced some interest, and so when it came time to extend invitations to the event, He was one of the people I made sure to invite. Unfortunately, he also was busy the night of the event and was unable to make it. Other people I invited were several members of BYU's University Bands, including at least two Music Education majors, and several friends including both a History major and a Film major. Unfortunately, again none of these people chose to come, because the time we chose to have our event overlapped the last day to turn in assignments, and my friends had to choose their school work.

As for my involvement during the presentation, I had a role, playing my trumpet to emphasise how live music can still be a part of modern presentations. I also asked, and answered questions regarding the topics being discussed on both UStream and Twitter. Finally, I was also part of the group asked to help move the refreshments from the Talmadge to the Tanner, and in that regard feel that I completed my responsibilities admirably.

No comments:

Post a Comment